3S Lighting was challenged to develop and manufacture custom parts and modules in very tight time frame to replicate the original effect in heritage pendants on ground floor of 341 George Street Sydney.
For part of the supply we took less than 4 working days to manufacture custom parts and deliver to site from design sign off to ensure on time project completion.
Our staff assisted Downer team on site, to document design brief for easy to install solutions for various downlight, uplight and decorative elements on 4 different style heritage pendants.
We have opted for over 500 Xicato XTM LED modules for its colour consistency specification to ensure the installation looks as good as today in many years time.
Large vertical pendant in George Street entry has Talexx LLE Advanced modules for required linear appearance.
About the site
"The site of the former Bank of NSW Head Office is historically significant as the location from 1853 to 1970 of the principal office of Australia's largest private bank. The building itself is associated with the period of commercial optimism that preceded the Great Depression, and also with the prominent architectural firm of Robertson & Marks who have worked on the building since its construction. It also has associations with General Douglas Macarthur who held a series of meetings in the Board Room during World War II. The Bank of NSW is aesthetically significant as an excellent and substantially intact example of the Inter-War Commercial Palazzo style. It contains a remarkable and richly detailed banking chamber, with original light fittings and lavish use of marble, scagliola and pressed metal."