Xicato today announces the early April availability of the Xicato Intelligent Gateway (XIG).
Providing connectivity between a user LAN and the intelligent Bluetooth network, XIG provides a host of new benefits, including:
- Expansion of the Xicato Intelligent Network across multiple floors, buildings, or campuses,
- Remote, browser-based control of individual lights or lighting groups, including scene control
- Interface with third party lighting control systems (such as the LumiFi system, as announced below) for remote 3rd party control Interface with building management systems (BMS) such as MediaLON (see the Wadden Sea Centre article, above) for remote, real time management
- Network timing distribution to maintain synchronization of scheduled lighting scenes
- Distributed firmware updates to speed the deployment of new Xicato Intelligent Network features
For more information about XIG and other latest developments from Xicato see here.